LOVE THYSELF DAY SPA is a paradise of peace, comfort and tranquility whereby guests are welcomed with personalized attention to their health needs. Within this very private and intimate atmosphere, our friendly, warm-hearted, and competent staff is eager to make a difference. It is our hope to assist individuals in rejuvenating body, mind and spirit through a change of habits involving a more natural, holistic lifestyle. We believe that these essential health behaviors of self-nurturance are an expression of self-love. On a larger scale, true self-love brings into consciousness the desire and duty to love all other creatures including Mother Earth. To love and nurture ourselves is a manifestation of honor, gratitude and reverence for life, as well as a higher spiritual consciousness. This self-love is the same kind of love that brings about a healthy heart, healthy relationships, families, community, and a healthier world. And thus we say that, “To effect real change in the world…one must first Love Thyself.”
We envision the most beautifully serene holistic healing center, filled with loving kindness in the hearts of professionals who work in synchronicity dedicating themselves to excellence in customer satisfaction, natural healing services and wellness education while improving the quality of lives for many and making a positive difference in the community, thereby creating customers who want to linger in such an environment and remain customers for life.
LOVE THYSELF DAY SPA is the inspiration of Lisa Weeks, a Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist, Licensed Massage Therapist & Instructor, Esthetician, Colon Therapist, Nail Technician, Licensed Braider, most recently studies include a Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine specializing in Holistic Nutrition, and one who has worked in the wellness industry for more than 2 decades, having gained experience in several of the most upscale spas in the Dallas area. Prior to this time, as a lover of life and learning, Lisa worked in the legal field as both a legal secretary and paralegal with many difficult years of concurrently working and attending school, community involvement and being a mother. She also spent 4 years in nursing school and is a U.S. Army Reserve veteran with honorable discharge.
In early 2002 Love Thyself Day Spa was established with humble beginnings as Lisa worked from her relaxed home setting. A year later in March 2003 the spa moved into its first location, having less than 300 square feet of space. With much vision and hard work, the spa was able to move to its 2nd location of 1,000 square feet in November 2004, and most recently in the summer of 2010, to its current location of 2,000 square feet, located in Richardson, Texas.
Our spa has six (6) treatment rooms with an open area for group spa parties, special events & classes. Within this hideaway sanctuary of peace and comfort lies a beautiful blue water and cloud-like setting along with subtle touches of the Far East, combines with a tropical theme. Our spa colors are royal blue, cream and touches of gold. These colors were chosen for personal reasons in part, but also because they are colors of royalty, quality, pure relaxation and peace within. We want to encourage people to connect with their inner being most often, and to treat themselves (the body temple) as royalty, with sacred kindness & respect.
Spa services are offered for both males and females with uncompromising high quality professional products and treatments. Our focus is always on health in all of our treatments, with stress relief, detoxification & rejuvenation at the very core. In addition to in-spa services, we also offer professional mobile day spa services to individuals, groups, and businesses. The therapists at Love Thyself Day Spa are all insured, licensed with the State of Texas, highly trained, multicultural, and are males and females of varied age levels and experiences. Passionate about what we do, we invite you to indulge in our services over and over again as we wish to establish long-term relationships with our guests.
Our Eco-Friendly Eco-Conscious Ways
- We promote, serve and teach a plant-based (vegan & raw vegan) lifestyle, which is the single most greatest eco-conscious effort one can make.
- We use nonpaper goods in the serving of food to our in-spa guests. We use recycled paper goods when selling food products to go.
- We only use and sell quality self-care spa products with nontoxic healthy ingredients and organic, whenever possible. This includes, but is not limited to, natural face & body care, nail care, makeup, hair care, nutritional supplements, pain relief aids, etc.
- We use & sell clean burning natural soy candles & natural room air cleansers.
- We primarily use nontoxic, natural ingredient cleaning supplies and/or employ an eco-conscious cleaning company.
- We use earth friendly linens, robes, blankets, towels, etc.
- We practice conservation of paper, with a “paperless office” mindset, limited usage.
- We use soy-based inks & recycled paper wherever possible in our marketing materials.
- We practice limited use & reuse of plastic, including in shipping packages received or sent out.
- We primarily use hand towels over paper towels to clean & dry hands.
- We practice conservatism on our use of utilities such as water, electricity, and gas.
- We use CFL bulbs & LED lighting, only very sparingly using halogen lighting.
- We use little or no lighting during our services, working mostly/only by candlelight.
- We have eco-saving appliances (washer, dryer, refrigerator, etc).
- We engage in the recycling of waste materials.
- We turn scraps of food and fiber into nutrition for the body and overall health.
- We have a team of staff members who continually seek out ways for our spa to practice & support eco-consciousness behaviors.